Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cajun and Creole Flavors

"Cest Ce Bon" Let the good times roll!!! I was born and raised in the South and food plays a big part of our culture. I love to cook for my family. I taught my daughters to cook Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. I have to say they really know their way around the kitchen.
 Being from the South I learned how to cook gumbos,etoufee, po-boys, and anything containing seafood. We would go to the park and have a feast on crawfish,shrimp,potatoes and corn.
"Fleur De Lis"

Seafood Potato

Green Salad
 Mardi Gras is a time to really celebrate. Everybody have their own mardi gras party leading up to "Fat Tuesday" and then its one big party. I love the atmosphere, the culture, and the food. There is no place like home. I'm often home sick for home and that's when I pull out the gumbo pot or cook up something that will make me feel like I'm back at home. I surround my self with things that remind me of home as well. I have "Fleur De Lis" symbols all through my house and when I go home to visit I always bring seasonings and whatever I can back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment