Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Mommie and Grandma

Today is my mother and my girls grandmother's birthday. She is no longer here with us today, God called her spirits to dwell with him on October 25, 2006. I can say so many good things about my mother. One thing I will say if you had a mother that was anything like my mother consider yourselves lucky. She loved everybody and she did what ever she could to help you.
 She gave a lot of her self to her church,school, and the sick. She loved to bake cakes, pies, and banana nut loaves. I remember she would have my girls shelled the pecans that she put in the loaves and I would spray or butter her pans and smash her bananas. Oh! and she made the best okra and tomatoes ever! Her greens were always the best.
 You know I was fortunate to inherit some of her recipes, like her lemon coconut cake(yummy)!!! She always bake this around the holidays.
 I get so emotional when I think or talk about my mother. It still hurt so bad, sometimes I just wish I can talk to her one more time. My girls were so lucky to have such a great grandmother. She helped to raise them and they spent so much time with her. They remember some of her recipes and they remember to always pray at night before bed. You see my mother use to have us pray and worship before bed and when we woke in the morning. She passed this on to my daughters as well and all of her other grandchildren.

 Words cannot express how we miss her but I know she is no longer suffering and I have the pleasure of having all the memories and her words of wisdom in my heart. "Gone but never forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment